Últimas na secção
- Dr. Alderete em TRImarchiDG, um designer gráfico com um argentino de estilo mexicano
- No. 4 Block House, uma pagoda contemporânea em Nanquim, China
- Internet contra a escola, é um sistema educacional obsoleto?
- Receita: chocolate caseiro Yolado
- Brinquedo ecológico para gatos que funciona com energia solar
- Dicas para plantar em seu jardim Crambe
- Como plantar mamão no meu jardim?
- Tipo da tipografia, calendário impresso em folhas de algodão
- Levitaton, bicicleta futuro equipado com wi-fi móvel
- O mobiliário melhor leitura com espaço para armazenar livros
- 57 º aniversário do código de barras
- Meias para cada mulher
- As alergias e as doenças, as conseqüências do aquecimento global
- Boneca de Britney Spears mostrando suas partes íntimas
- Barbie não é tudo superficial também tem espírito ecológico
- Acidente de Chernobyl
- Derramamento de óleo no Golfo do México
- Animais raros do mundo
- Heelarious sapatos com saltos para bebês
- Algas vermelhas
|Cultura e Ciência - Ecologia e Meio Ambiente|
|Monday, 09 May 2011 09:30|
Landfill and harmful effects on the environment. Landfills are plots of land where waste materials and debris from a town or city are dumped for disposal. The garbage is burned, buried or treated, usually within a few miles from civilization. Although landfills are the most effective waste treatment and have been practiced for centuries, have a number of side effects on the environment.
Landfills include different types of waste such as plastic, paper, wood, food, chemicals, etc, must be eliminated by segregating them, not by the burial of all unclassified materials.
When these landfills are made in a particular area, there are bad odors, the possibility of disease and pollution of the surrounding environment. Therefore, it is very important to ensure that all landfills are limited to a small area and covered with layers of soil that must be done daily.
Landfills are generally designed to remove biodegradable solid waste and buried underground. Therefore, the surface is dug deep enough to accumulate trash, garbage is poured into the trench and covered with layers of earth. This process of solid waste disposal has side effects such as the accumulation of odors and gases s.
Each landfill has a capacity that can hold, after which it is supposed to be closed. When the landfill is closed or clogged, the moisture or water is diverted therefore kept away from excessive decomposition. However, residues within the landfill and contains a certain amount of moisture combined with other solid and starts to degrade, and release several gases, among which is the methane and carbon dioxide, which give a smell of decay.
Since, solid waste can also contain some toxic chemicals, gases vaporize through the bare soil and blend with the surrounding air.
Since the trash is disposed on the ground, there are risks of harmful chemicals combined with groundwater. The leachate is a toxic liquid produced when water or moisture are mixed with solid waste. When rainwater falls on the ground, it seeps into the ground and may come into contact with solid waste which would lead to leaching.
Now if there is an undercurrent comes in contact with leachate, the water is contaminated. To avoid the production of this toxic liquid, landfills must be covered with impermeable materials.
The greenhouse effect is defined as an abrupt rise in temperature that occur due to unstable weather conditions. When landfills are left open or the cover (cover to protect the rain water seeping in), there can be different types of harmful gases such as methane and carbon dioxide are produced in excess. When the level of these gases increases, interfering with the ambient temperatures causing the warmer air. This increase in temperature causes more ice caps in polar regions are melting, and rising sea levels, altered full-time clock.
"The greenhouse effect and global warming, harmful effects of open dumps and maintenance free? The answer is yes, why waste this way is not the most appropriate and should be taken into account all the precautions to make it.